24 November, 2018 - Dubai
This one-day program, for residents of Middle East only, is devoted to all aspects of the concomitant surgical treatment of AF. Topics covered include:
– Evidence for surgical AF ablation and the effect on patient outcomes
– Effective treatment strategies based on the underlying pathology
– Surgical techniques using different energy sources to improve the results of concomitant ablation in different types of procedures
– Mapping techniques to confirm lesion integrity
You’ll practice different techniques and approaches and perform a complete Maze IV on a cadaver.
Your trainer will provide tips on becoming an effective AF surgeon and show you how to avoid pitfalls in different settings.
At the end of the training program, you’ll be able to discuss upcoming cases with a trainer to identify the right strategy for your patients.
Cardiac surgeons who have the desire to start an AF program or want to optimize their current practice.
Number of attendees
N. Doll, MD
M. La Meir, MD
F. Rega, MD
T. Weimar, MD
University of Sharjah
Clinical & Surgical Training Center Medical & Health Science Colleges Campus
10:00 am - 12:30 pm
- Electrophysiological pathology
- Patient selection
- Surgical techniques and lesion patterns
- LAA management
- Pre- and postoperative care
12:30 pm - 1:30 pm
1:30 pm - 3:00 pm
Cadaver lab: open thorax cadaver. Hands on with all energy sources
3:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Case discussion and proctoring options