17 November, 2022 - Barcelona, Spain
This one-day program is devoted to all aspects of the concomitant surgical treatment of AF. Topics covered include:
– Evidence for surgical AF ablation and the effect on patient outcomes
– Effective treatment strategies based on the underlying pathology
– Surgical techniques using different energy sources to improve the results of concomitant ablation in different types of procedures
– LAA Management
You’ll practice different techniques and approaches and perform a complete Maze IV on a cadaver.
Your trainer will provide tips on becoming an effective AF surgeon and show you how to avoid pitfalls in different settings.
At the end of the training program, you’ll be able to discuss upcoming cases with a trainer to identify the right strategy for your patients.
Cardiac surgeons who have the desire to start an AF program or want to optimize their current practice.
Number of attendees
Program supported by minimum of three experts in the field of AF ablation
Hospital Clínic de Barcelona
Carrer Villarroel 170
08036 Barcelona, Spain
Hotel bookings will be allocated on an individual basis and you will receive a reservation confirmation by email. Please check your travel details tab in your AF Connect dashboard for your details.
8:30 am - 9:00 am
Introduction to Maze IV Education Program
9:00 am - 12:00 pm
- Electrophysiological pathology
- Patient selection
- Surgical techniques and lesion patterns
- LAA management
- Pre- and postoperative care
12:00 pm - 12:45 pm
12:45 pm - 3:00 pm
Cadaver lab: open thorax cadaver
Hands-on with Cryo and RF energy
LAA management with AtriClip
3:00 pm - 3:00 pm